Please read this important alert from, Child Protection League Action, the action arm of our special project organization, the Minnesota Child Protection League. This Alert has gone viral, and we encourage you to take action and share it widely:
THE MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE BOARD
IS NOT LISTENING TO YOU!
Last October, the public rose up to OPPOSE the new MSHSL transgender policy that would force all member schools to allow transgender students to play on the team opposite their biological gender. All league schools will come under this dictate-public, private and religious. Instead of voting it down, the MSHSL tabled the proposal. It is BACK for a vote on December 4th, and they intend to pass it!
This MSHSL policy creates the potential for children of the opposite sex to:
SHOWER WITH EACH OTHER, DRESS WITH EACH OTHER, and SHARE HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS.
The MSHSL Executive Director David Stead, in a recent article, wouldn’t respond to the privacy and safety issues his policy will create. He just passed the buck. Let the schools deal with it, was all he had to say.
Well, Mr. Stead,
These are our schools!
These are our children!
We are dealing with it right now!
TAKE THESE THREE ACTIONS NOW!
- Contact your MSHSL Region Representative. If you know your region, contact information is here. If you do not know your region, this Handbook (pp 13-14) will list your school.
- Get your school to speak up to oppose this policy. This means your school board members, your principals, and/or your athletic directors. All MSHSL member schools-public, private, religious-will be affected.
Get your friends, family, and community leaders involved.
You know who they are and you have the greatest influence on them.
Mr. Stead distributed this information at a recent meeting with Athletic Directors and School Board members:
It is important for policy-makers to understand that transgender girls (who were assigned a male gender at birth) are not boys. Their consistent and affirmed gender identity as girls is as deep-seated as the gender identity of non-transgender girls. The belief that transgender girls are not “real” girls is sometimes expressed as a concern that allowing transgender girls to compete on girls teams displaces opportunities for “real” girls to participate.
So we are to “understand” that boys are not boys, and that boys who feel they are girls, are “real girls.” Gender is not feelings. Feelings-no matter how “deep-seated”- will never change a person’s DNA. Gender is biology. It is incredible that we are being told to believe something so absurd.
Research shows that 70% – 80% of children who expressed transgender feelings spontaneously lost those feelings by the time they were adults. We need to provide help to these precious, gender-confused children, not bind them into something they cannot be freed from. They should not be used as tools of aggressive special interest groups with dangerous agendas that will harm children.
Mr. Stead’s hand-out then made the preposterous case that parents’ concerns over male/female physical inequities were “gender stereotypes” and that “no research” supports such concerns. What world are these people living in? Unfortunately, our children are the victims of their fantasies.
Finally, if you can make it, show up at the MSHSL meeting:
2100 Freeway Boulevard, Brooklyn Center
While you can still make a difference!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Assessments + Testing (16)
- Bullying/Sex Education (5)
- Calendar/Announcements (4)
- Common Core Standards (66)
- Curriculum + Standards (53)
- Data Collection and Data Privacy (28)
- Early Education/Nanny State (64)
- Federal Education (94)
- International Education (3)
- LGBT Issues in Education (4)
- Media Appearances (4)
- Mental Health (25)
- Planned Economy (5)
- Politics of Education (11)
- State Education (81)
- Testimony/Presentations (15)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Unions (10)
Education Liberty Watch Projects
- American Principles Project
- Cato Institute
- Conservative Teachers of America
- Constitutional Coalition
- Eagle Forum
- Minnesota Advocates and Champions for Children
- Missouri Education Watchdog
- Restore Oklahoma Parent Empowerment
- Stop Common Core
- The Pioneer Institute
- Truth in American Education
- What is Common Core – Education Without Representation